The oven may be one of many methods that come to mind when considering burger preparation. However, baking burgers in the range is easy and foolproof to attain juicy, perfectly cooked patties without grilling or frying.
Mastering the art of oven-baked burgers is a valuable skill in your culinary arsenal, whether you’re cooking for a large group or want a simple preparation method. This article, will explain best way to cook burgers in the oven.
How Long Do Burgers Take to Cook in the Oven?
I use 2 pounds of ground beef to make eight burger patties, so each cake weighs a quarter pound. In a 375-degree oven, it only takes 20 minutes for eight 1/4-pound patties to reach 160 degrees. This is a genuine 30-minute meal, as it takes 10 minutes to season and shape the burgers, followed by 20 minutes to cook.
- Ground beef (or the ground meat of your preference)
- Seasoning for hamburgers (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.).
- Burger buns and your preferred toppings (lettuce, tomato, cheese, condiments, etc.)
- Four burger buns with grilled tomato segments
- The lettuce leaves of a variety of Bibb
- Pickles, Tomato sauce, mustard
Best Way To Cook Burgers In The Oven
The oven is a convenient and mess-free alternative to grilling or pan-frying hamburgers. Here is a step-by-step guide to baking delectable burgers in the oven:
Step 1: Season The Beef
Start by combining ground beef with my simple burger seasoning blend, or your preferred blend, in a large bowl. Here are the tracks in my mix:
- Onion minced and dried
- Garlic minced and dried
- Crushed fennel seeds (I position them in a small plastic bag and pound them with a meat mallet).
- Cayenne pepper
Step 2: Preheat Your Oven
- The initial stage in baking hamburgers is preheating the oven.
- The majority of recipes specify 375°F (190°C) for conventional ovens and 350°F (175°C) for convection ovens.
- Preheating your patties ensures that they cook evenly and helps to seal in their juices.
Step 3: Prepare The Patties
- Form the hamburger patties to start. To do this, split the ground beef or other meat you want to use into equal parts.
- For your cakes to cook the same way every time, they need to be the same size and thickness.
- Use whatever spices you like to season your burgers.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder can do amazing things when they are mixed together. Here, you can get creative with what you put on your burger.
- You might even want to try out different mixtures of spices for a unique taste.
Step 4: Use A Baking Sheet With A Wire Rack
- Put a wire rack on a baking sheet to ensure your burgers cook evenly and remain crispy.
- The elevated wire rack allows heated air to circulate the burgers, promoting even cooking and preventing them from becoming soggy.
Step 5: Arrange The Patties
- Carefully put your spiced meat patties on the wire rack.
- Leave some room between each cake to make sure air can move around.
- This will help the patties cook evenly and make a tasty crust on the outside.
Step 6: Cook In The Oven
- Now, move the baking sheet containing the burgers into the preheated oven.
- Set the timer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The burgers must be flipped halfway through the cooking period.
- Flipping the patties ensures that both sides are precisely cooked and develop a golden-brown crust.
Step 7: Check Doneness
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your burgers are cooked to your liking and safe to consume.
- The USDA recommends a secure internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius) for ground beef.
- You can modify the cooking time accordingly if you prefer your rare or well-done burgers.
Step 8: Add Cheese (Optional)
- Consider adding a slice of your preferred cheese to cheeseburgers during the last minute or two of cooking.
- The cheese will melt beautifully due to the residual heat, generating the classic oozing cheeseburger goodness.
Step 9: Toast The Buns (Optional)
- To achieve the ideal burger experience, you can toast your burger bread.
- Warm and gently toast them in the oven for the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking.
- This stage gives the burger a delightful crunch.
Step 10: Assemble Your Burgers
- Once your patties are perfectly cooked, it is time to assemble them.
- Place the cooked patties onto the bottom half of your toasted buns and add your preferred toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments like ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise.
- Serve your oven-baked patties as soon as possible while they are still hot and crisp.
- Savor the juiciness and flavor of your oven-cooked masterpiece!
I adore this recipe exactly as written and make it nearly continuous. But if you wish to alter the fundamental recipe, here are some suggestions:
- You can experiment with various seasonings. I also like to include a sprinkle of cumin in addition to thyme.
- You may also use cheeses of your choosing, so long as they are relatively meltable. I enjoy using Swiss cheese, gruyere, and occasionally brie.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for three to four days.
- They can be reheated at 50% power in the microwave.
- I enjoy them best cold, straight out of the fridge! My lunch comprises burgers, Dijon mustard, freshly chopped vegetables, and quick pickles. This brunch is one of my favorites.
Tips for Making Burgers
Here are some recommendations for preparing hamburger patties. Discover how to create perfect hamburger patties every time. This is the finest burger recipe when it comes to simplicity and putting the focus on the meat.
Crumble Burger In A Bowl
- Mix a little salt and pepper into the meat with your fingertips.
- Take a portion of the flesh and form it into a patty in your hand.
- If you press the patties too tightly, they will become dense and weighty.
- Once formed, position the patties in a pan and press your thumb into the center of each patty. This serves to ensure that they do not shrink.
Cook Burgers In Oven As Directed
Burgers prepared in the oven are simple but also juicy and well done. This is a beautiful option if you need to cook multiple burgers at once or want to avoid the mess and splatter of stovetop cooking. You can construct a burger experience that perfectly suits your tastes with the proper seasonings and toppings.
Burgers cooked in the oven offer a practical alternative to conventional methods, resulting in more consistent results and less kitchen clutter. With the proper approach and attention to detail, you can enjoy succulent, perfectly cooked burgers while liberating up your stovetop for other culinary endeavors. Therefore, consider oven-baked burgers to elevate your burger game, whether it’s a weeknight meal or a weekend barbecue.
Thanks for reading.