Chicken tacos are a beloved classic in Mexican cuisine, and it is simpler than you might think to make them at home with a flavorful taco seasoning. This recipe for chicken tacos features bold spices, tender chicken, and a symphony of toppings that will transport your taste buds on a voyage.
Whether it’s a weeknight meal or a weekend celebration, this article, will explain recipe for chicken tacos seasoning.
For The Chicken
- 450 grams of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons store-bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Pepper and salt to flavor
For The Taco Assembly
- 8 small maize or flour tortillas or taco shells
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, or your preferred cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1/4 ounce of sour cream
- Optional salsa or hot sauce for added spice.
Recipe For Chicken Tacos With Taco Seasoning
1. Marinate The Chicken
- Marinating the poultry is essential for imparting flavor.
- In a mixing bowl, position the chicken pieces, then evenly sprinkle them with taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Use your hands or a spoon to completely cover the chicken in the pepper mixture.
- This step gives the meat taste and makes it easier to chew.
- Let the chicken sit in a marinade for 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge.
- If you have time, marinating for a few hours or even overnight will improve the taste.
2. Cook The Chicken
- Put a large pan over medium heat to heat up.
- If your pan is not non-stick, you may need to add a little more oil to keep the food from sticking.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken that has been marinating.
- When the food hits the pan, it should pop.
- Let the chicken cook for about four to five minutes on one side.
- You will see that the edges of the chicken are turning a beautiful brown color.
- After 4 to 5 minutes, use tongs or a spatula to flip the chicken parts.
- Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the fowl is thoroughly done.
- To ensure full cooking, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, which should reach 165°F (74°C).
3. Slice or Shred The Chicken
- Place the cooked chicken on a platter and put aside for a few minutes.
- This resting period allows the liquids to redistribute, retaining the flavor and moisture of the meat.
- After the chicken has rested, slice it into thin segments or shred it with two forks.
- Your preference for taco texture determines whether you slice or shred the meat.
4. Prepare Toppings
- While the poultry is resting, prepare the toppings for the tacos.
- Shred the lettuce, dice the tomatoes, chop the red onion, shred the cheese, and mince the fresh cilantro.
- Having everything prepared makes taco assembly a breeze.
5. Assemble The Tacos
- To warm taco shells or tortillas, you can either encase them in foil and heat them in the oven for a few minutes or heat them for about 15 seconds on each side in a dry skillet.
- Softening and enhancing the flavor of the tortillas by warming them.
- To assemble a taco, place ample sliced or shredded chicken in the center of a warm taco shell.
- Place a fistful of shredded lettuce on the chicken, followed by diced tomatoes, red onion, and cheese.
- These fresh, succulent vegetables pair perfectly with the seasoned chicken.
- A spoonful of sour cream sprinkled over the toppings will give the taco a creamy, tangy flavor.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro for a surge of color and brightness.
- Add your preferred salsa or hot sauce if you enjoy a touch of heat.
Serve your chicken tacos as soon as possible while they are still heated, and the flavors are at their peak. Arrange them on a platter and allow your guests to customize their tacos with their chosen toppings.
7. Additional Aspects
Consider serving your chicken tacos with guacamole, refried beans, Mexican rice, or a simple side salad for a complete and flavorful entrée.
8. Taco Toppings For Shredded Chicken
This recipe does not include taco toppings because taco toppings are a matter of personal and family preference. However, here is some guidance:
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar, Mexican cheese blend, cotija, or your preferred cheese.
- Vegetables: Shredded lettuce or cabbage, fresh tomatoes, scallions, and avocado. Vegetables. Make fresh Pico de Gallo salsa or simple guacamole for a particular delight.
- Something Creamy: Plain sour cream or a homemade Lime Crema bring creaminess and temper the heat.
- Citrus: Lime or lemon juice squeezed over pulled chicken tacos is the ideal finishing touch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Stovetop Dinner: There are numerous methods to prepare shredded chicken, but we use the most superficially: poaching it on the stovetop.
- Adaptable to specific requirements: Add your favorite Tex-Mex garnishes to these pulled chicken tacos to make them your own.
- The flavor is robust: Chicken breast by itself is somewhat monotonous. Salsa, onions, and taco seasonings are added to these chicken tacos to make chicken enjoyable again.
- Simple to Prepare Ahead: Do you enjoy menu prepping? This shredded chicken taco filling is ideal for taco salads and burrito bowls, and it’s also delectable when reheated.
Shredded Chicken Taco Tips
- Cover the Chicken with Water: When poaching, ensure the chicken is thoroughly submerged. Otherwise, it will become desiccated.
- Don’t overcook the garlic: it only requires about 30 seconds of cooking. It could burn longer, so be prepared to add the remaining ingredients rapidly.
- Modify the heat: Like tacos with piquant chicken? Use a spicy salsa or a few dashes of your preferred hot condiment.
So collect your ingredients and get ready to enjoy the delicious flavor of homemade chicken tacos. These tacos are a gourmet experience waiting to happen, with the perfect balance of spices and fresh toppings. Prepare to experience a flavor fiesta with every bite!
Thanks for reading.